There are a number of reasons why people choose to get an accounting degree, but generally speaking, the two-year programs, various work settings, and solid income are the main motivators. Now that you have your degree, it’s time to align yourself with the right job. Working with a staffing firm is an excellent way to find jobs that fit your experience, qualifications, and personality.
Below are some of the most common accounting jobs in Jackson MS that you can get with an accounting degree.
Certified Public Accountant
- A CPA is usually involved in preparing financial records, assessing record accuracy, and ensuring taxes are paid properly and on time. CPAs must pass a four-part exam, and some employers may require that a CPA hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting. However, the pay can be very high for CPAs, with average median salaries around $70,000.
- Accounting managers are responsible for preparing, reviewing, and maintaining an organization’s financial accounts. Because of the level of responsibility they have, many employers expect their accounting managers to be highly educated. This may include a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business, or a master’s degree. Those degrees allow accounting managers to be well-paid, with median salaries over $100,000.
- Financial managers create reports, manage investment activities, and develop plans for the long-term financial goals of their clients. These managers work in a variety of settings, including banks, investment firms, and insurance companies. Average median pay is $127,990 per year, and projected job growth is excellent. To land a job as a financial manager, you will need a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- An auditing clerk or bookkeeper is similar to an accountant, though they don’t require as much education and experience. Because of this, auditing clerks make less, around $40,000 a year. Auditing clerks produce financial records for organizations and ensure accuracy. Most jobs require some postsecondary education, though many skills are learned on the job.
- Cost estimators collect and analyze data for the purpose of saving time, money, materials, and labor when producing products. Most cost estimators work in offices, though some visit construction sites and assembly lines. Projected growth is positive, and average median pay is around $64,000 a year. Most cost estimators need a bachelor’s degree.
An accounting degree opens up many opportunities for accounting jobs in Jackson MS. To find a job that fits your education, experience, and personality, contact Capitol Staffing. We match skilled job candidates for the most rewarding jobs.