If you are interested in joining a career in the medical field, good for you! The healthcare field has an abundance of jobs and is a growing career field offering endless rewards. How can you take advantage of medical jobs in the Jackson, MS area?
Let’s dive into five that you can apply for!
- Medical Assistant – One of the most popular searches for medical jobs in Jackson, MS is for these positions. This job is great if you enjoy hands-on time with patients. Most clinics require an active certification along with several years of experience but experience is not always required! The assistants carry out roles such as answering the phones, scheduling appointment and triaging patients.
- Medical Biller – This position collects payments from patients, submit insurance claims and keep billing records updated. Medical billers are needed in all types of healthcare facilities including private offices, large clinics, hospitals and rehabilitation clinics. People interested in this position should consider getting an Associate’s degree in medical billing and coding.
- Medical Secretary – Helps with the day-to-day operations. They schedule appointments, order supplies and handle physician calendars and appointments. Becoming a medical secretary does not require any specific education or degree.
- PBX Operator – PBX operators handle the busy phone systems within hospitals and healthcare clinics. Operators answer a multi-line phone system and transfer the calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Phlebotomist – If you enjoy working in a lab or triaging patients including finger sticks and drawing blood, becoming a phlebotomist could be a great career possibility. Most clinics and hospitals require a certification but will hire entry-level candidates upon completing school.
We hope these descriptions has given you an idea of the different types of healthcare opportunities you can take advantage of. Find a wide range of job openings at Capitol Staffing, Inc.